Welcome to our comprehensive review guide for the best AR-15 carry handle scopes in 2023. As a gun enthusiast and expert, I have spent countless hours researching, testing, and analyzing various carry handle scopes to provide you with unbiased and valuable information.
The AR-15 platform has remained one of the most popular choices among firearm enthusiasts for its versatility, reliability, and customization options. And when it comes to enhancing the performance of your AR-15, a high-quality carry handle scope can make a significant difference.
In this article, we will delve into the world of AR-15 carry handle scopes, exploring their benefits, key considerations when choosing one, and in-depth reviews of some of the top models available on the market. We will compare and contrast the features of the renowned Trijicon ACOG, the reliable Barska 4×20, and the innovative EOTech 512.A65 holographic carry handle scopes.
Throughout our review guide, you will find expert recommendations, tips for mounting and zeroing your carry handle scope, as well as advice on cleaning and maintaining it for optimal performance and longevity. We have also addressed some common FAQs to assist you in making an informed decision.
Whether you are a seasoned AR-15 owner looking to upgrade your carry handle scope or a novice shooter considering your first purchase, this article will serve as a valuable resource to help you make the right choice.
So, without further ado, let us embark on this journey of exploring the best AR-15 carry handle scopes that will undoubtedly take your shooting experience to the next level.
Understanding AR-15 Carry Handle Scopes
When it comes to enhancing the accuracy and versatility of your AR-15 rifle, a carry handle scope is an essential accessory. These scopes are specifically designed to fit onto the carry handle of an AR-15, providing users with a clear and precise sight picture for improved shooting performance. In this section, we will delve into the key aspects and features of AR-15 carry handle scopes, allowing you to gain a deeper understanding of their functionality and benefits.
First and foremost, let’s talk about the design of carry handle scopes. These scopes are typically compact and lightweight, ensuring that they do not add unnecessary bulk to your rifle. They are engineered to sit securely on top of the carry handle, utilizing the integrated mounting system. This design not only provides a solid attachment but also allows for quick and effortless installation or removal as needed.
One notable feature of carry handle scopes is their fixed magnification. Unlike variable magnification scopes, carry handle scopes offer a fixed magnification level, usually ranging from 3x to 5x. This fixed magnification ensures a consistent sight picture without the need for adjustments, making them ideal for close to medium-range shooting scenarios. Moreover, the fixed magnification also contributes to the compactness and affordability of these scopes.
In terms of optics, AR-15 carry handle scopes often employ high-quality glass lenses and coatings to provide exceptional clarity and brightness. This enables shooters to acquire and track targets with precision, even in low-light conditions. Additionally, the scopes are equipped with reticles specifically designed for rapid target acquisition and accurate shot placement. The reticles may feature bullet drop compensation (BDC) or range-finding capabilities, enhancing your shooting accuracy over varying distances.
Another essential aspect to consider is the durability of carry handle scopes. These scopes are built to withstand the harsh conditions encountered in shooting environments. They are often constructed from rugged materials such as aircraft-grade aluminum, ensuring resistance to recoil, impacts, and other potential damages. Waterproof and fog-proof properties are also common features, allowing you to continue shooting even in challenging weather conditions.
Lastly, it is worth noting that AR-15 carry handle scopes are fully compatible with other optics, such as red dot sights or holographic sights. This versatility enables shooters to seamlessly transition between different sighting systems depending on the shooting scenario or personal preference.
Understanding the intricacies of AR-15 carry handle scopes is crucial in making an informed decision when purchasing one. By comprehending their design, optics, durability, and compatibility, you can select a scope that perfectly aligns with your shooting needs and preferences. Now that we have explored the fundamental aspects of these scopes, let us move forward to exploring the benefits of utilizing carry handle scopes on your AR-15 rifle.
Benefits of Using Carry Handle Scopes
When it comes to enhancing your shooting experience with an AR-15, opting for a carry handle scope can greatly elevate your performance on the field. These scopes offer a multitude of benefits that make them a popular choice among gun enthusiasts. In this section, we will explore some of the key advantages of using carry handle scopes and why they are worth considering for your firearm.
1. Improved Accuracy: One of the primary advantages of using carry handle scopes is the significant improvement in accuracy they provide. These scopes are designed to offer precise target acquisition, allowing you to hit your mark with unmatched accuracy.
2. Enhanced Target Acquisition: Carry handle scopes feature superior optics that aid in target acquisition. The clear and magnified view offered by these scopes enables you to quickly and accurately identify your target, even from a distance. This can be particularly advantageous in hunting or tactical situations.
3. Increased Range: By adding a carry handle scope to your AR-15, you extend its effective range. The magnification capabilities of these scopes allow you to shoot accurately at longer distances, making them an excellent choice for precision shooting or engaging targets beyond typical ranges.
4. Versatility: Carry handle scopes provide the versatility to switch between different shooting situations. They allow for various magnification levels, enabling you to adapt to different distances and target sizes. This versatility makes them suitable for a wide range of shooting applications, from hunting to competitive shooting.
5. Durability and Reliability: Built with ruggedness in mind, carry handle scopes are designed to withstand harsh conditions and rough handling. They are constructed from high-quality materials that are resistant to impact, moisture, and other environmental factors. This durability ensures that your scope will remain functional and provide consistent performance even in challenging situations.
6. Classic Design and Functionality: The carry handle scope retains the classic look and feel of the AR-15 rifle. It seamlessly integrates into the rifle’s aesthetic, giving it an authentic and nostalgic appearance. In addition to the visual appeal, these scopes offer the same functionality and reliability as their modern counterparts, providing the best of both worlds.
7. Ease of Use: Carry handle scopes are user-friendly and straightforward to operate. They often feature intuitive controls, allowing for quick adjustments to the zoom and focus settings. Whether you are a seasoned shooter or a novice, these scopes offer ease of use without compromising on performance.
In conclusion, carry handle scopes offer several significant advantages that enhance the shooting experience with your AR-15. From improved accuracy and target acquisition to increased range and versatility, these scopes deliver exceptional performance in various shooting scenarios. With their durable construction, classic design, and user-friendly operation, carry handle scopes are a valuable addition to any AR-15 enthusiast’s arsenal.
Key Considerations When Choosing a Carry Handle Scope
When it comes to selecting the right carry handle scope for your AR-15, there are several key factors that you need to take into consideration. The effectiveness and performance of your scope can greatly influence your shooting experience and ultimately impact your accuracy and precision. To ensure that you make an informed decision, we have compiled a list of key considerations that you should keep in mind when choosing a carry handle scope.
1. Magnification Levels: One of the first things to consider is the magnification power of the scope. The magnification level determines how close your target will appear, and it plays a vital role in long-range shooting. Assess your shooting needs and preferences, whether you prioritize close-quarters engagements or require more precise shots at longer distances. Choose a scope with a magnification level that suits your specific shooting style.
2. Reticle Type: The reticle, or crosshairs, is an essential component of any scope. Different reticle types offer varying advantages and are suitable for different shooting scenarios. For instance, a simple duplex reticle with thicker outer lines and thinner center lines is excellent for quick target acquisition, while a BDC (Bullet Drop Compensating) reticle helps compensate for bullet drop at different distances. Consider your shooting style and choose a reticle type that aligns with your needs.
3. Durability and Construction: A carry handle scope must be rugged and durable to withstand the demands of various shooting environments. Look for scopes constructed from high-quality materials such as aircraft-grade aluminum, which offer excellent resistance to recoil and impact. Waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof features are also important to ensure the longevity of your scope.
4. Optical Quality: The optical quality of a carry handle scope significantly affects image clarity, brightness, and color accuracy. Look for scopes with high-quality glass, multi-coated lenses, and superior light transmission capabilities. These features enhance your ability to see clearly and capture more details, especially in low-light conditions.
5. Mounting Compatibility: Another critical consideration is the compatibility of the scope with your AR-15 carry handle. Ensure that the scope is designed to fit securely and snugly onto the carry handle without compromising its stability. Additionally, consider the mounting options available and choose a scope that aligns with your preferred mounting method.
6. Field of View: The field of view refers to the area visible through the scope at a specific magnification level. A wider field of view allows you to see more in your surroundings, making target acquisition faster and easier. Consider your shooting environment and the distances at which you typically engage targets to determine the ideal field of view for your needs.
7. Weight and Size: As a carry handle scope, portability and maneuverability are paramount. Opt for scopes that are lightweight and compact, as they will have minimal impact on the overall weight and balance of your AR-15. This is particularly important if you plan on using your firearm for extended periods or in dynamic shooting situations.
By carefully considering these key factors, you can choose a carry handle scope that perfectly suits your shooting needs and preferences. Remember that the right scope can greatly enhance your shooting prowess, so take your time to find the perfect one that will become your trusted companion on every shooting adventure.
Exploring the Features of the Trijicon ACOG
When it comes to AR-15 carry handle scopes, the Trijicon ACOG stands out as a top contender. Known for its exceptional performance and rugged durability, the ACOG has gained a loyal following among gun enthusiasts and professionals alike. In this section, we will take a closer look at the features that make the Trijicon ACOG a standout choice for shooters.
One of the key features of the Trijicon ACOG is its advanced optic technology. Equipped with a powerful 4x magnification, this scope provides crystal-clear sight pictures, allowing shooters to accurately locate and engage targets with ease. Additionally, the ACOG utilizes a dual-illuminated reticle, which means it does not rely on batteries for illumination. This not only ensures reliability in any situation but also saves the user from the hassle of constantly changing batteries.
Designed to withstand the toughest conditions, the Trijicon ACOG is built with robust materials and construction. Its housing is made from aircraft-grade aluminum alloy, offering exceptional durability without compromising its lightweight design. The ACOG is also fully sealed and nitrogen-filled, making it waterproof, shockproof, and fog-proof, so you can confidently take this optic into any environment without worry.
Another noteworthy feature of the Trijicon ACOG is its Bindon Aiming Concept. This innovative concept combines both eye-focused aiming and target-focused aiming, providing shooters with a quick and instinctive target acquisition. With this feature, shooters can maintain situational awareness by keeping their non-aiming eye open while still keeping the reticle on target.
The Trijicon ACOG also incorporates an adjustable reticle brightness feature, allowing shooters to adapt to varying lighting conditions. Whether you’re shooting in bright daylight or low-light situations, the ACOG ensures optimal reticle visibility for improved accuracy and precision.
Furthermore, the ACOG is designed to be compatible with other accessories, such as additional magnifiers or reflex sights, providing users with the flexibility to customize and enhance their shooting experience according to their specific needs.
However, it’s important to note that the Trijicon ACOG comes with a higher price tag compared to some other carry handle scopes on the market. While the investment may be significant, the ACOG’s exceptional performance and reliability justify its cost for those who prioritize quality and top-tier performance.
In conclusion, the Trijicon ACOG offers a remarkable array of features that make it a top choice for AR-15 carry handle scopes. From its advanced optic technology to its rugged construction, this scope delivers exceptional performance in any shooting scenario. While it may come at a higher price point, the Trijicon ACOG ensures that you are investing in a reliable and high-performing optic that will enhance your shooting capabilities for years to come.
Pros and Cons of the Trijicon ACOG
The Trijicon ACOG (Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight) is considered one of the best carry handle scopes available in the market. It has gained a strong reputation for its exceptional performance and durable construction. In this section, we will explore the pros and cons of the Trijicon ACOG to help you make an informed decision.
1. Superior Optics: The Trijicon ACOG features high-quality optics that provide exceptional clarity and brightness, allowing for precise target acquisition. Its multi-coated lenses enhance light transmission, enabling a clear sight picture in various lighting conditions.
2. Compact and Lightweight: Designed specifically for the AR-15 platform, the Trijicon ACOG is compact and lightweight, making it ideal for those who prioritize mobility. Its slim profile ensures it won’t add unnecessary bulk to your firearm.
3. Built to Last: The Trijicon ACOG is built to withstand tough conditions and extensive use. Constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum and featuring a rugged design, this carry handle scope is resistant to shocks, impacts, and harsh environments. It is also waterproof up to a certain depth, ensuring reliability even in adverse weather conditions.
4. Battery-Free Illumination: One of the standout features of the Trijicon ACOG is its battery-free illuminated reticle. Powered by a combination of fiber optics and tritium, this scope automatically adjusts its brightness based on ambient light conditions, providing a clear and visible reticle in any situation.
1. Higher Price Range: As with many high-end optics, the Trijicon ACOG is priced at a premium level. It may not be the best option for budget-conscious buyers but offers tremendous value for its performance and durability.
2. Limited Magnification Options: The Trijicon ACOG usually comes with fixed magnification options, typically 4x. While this offers excellent target engagement at mid-range distances, it may not be suitable for long-range shooting. However, the compact size and accuracy of the ACOG make up for this limitation.
3. Lack of Quick Target Acquisition: Due to its design and magnification limitations, the Trijicon ACOG may require a little more time for target acquisition compared to red dot sights or holographic scopes. This can be a minor drawback in fast-paced shooting scenarios.
In conclusion, the Trijicon ACOG impresses with its superior optics, durability, and compact design. While it may come with a higher price tag and limited magnification options, its performance and reliability make it a favorite among experienced shooters and tactical professionals. Whether for competitive shooting, hunting, or self-defense, the Trijicon ACOG is a top-tier choice that won’t disappoint.
In-Depth Review of the Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope
If you’re in the market for a reliable and functional carry handle scope for your AR-15, then the Barska 4×20 is definitely worth considering. Designed with precision and versatility in mind, this scope offers a number of features that make it a popular choice among firearm enthusiasts.
The Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope boasts a compact and lightweight design, making it easy to carry and install on your AR-15. Its 4x magnification power allows for clear and detailed target acquisition, whether you’re shooting at close range or engaging targets at longer distances. The 20mm objective lens maximizes light transmission, ensuring bright and sharp images even in low light conditions.
This scope is equipped with a Mil-Dot reticle, which assists with range estimation and bullet drop compensation. The Mil-Dot reticle consists of aiming points evenly spaced along the vertical and horizontal axes, allowing for quick and precise adjustments. This feature is especially useful for tactical shooting or hunting scenarios where accuracy is vital.
The Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope is built to withstand the rigors of outdoor use and harsh environments. It is constructed with a durable aluminum body that is both water and fog proof, ensuring reliable performance in various weather conditions. Additionally, the scope features windage and elevation adjustments that can be easily made with the tactical turrets, allowing for precise zeroing of the scope.
One of the standout features of the Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope is its integrated mount, which securely attaches to the carry handle of your AR-15. This eliminates the need for additional mounting accessories and ensures a stable and secure fit, even during rapid firing.
While the Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope offers many advantages, it’s important to consider a few potential drawbacks. Some users have reported that the reticle can appear slightly fuzzy or blurred when shooting at maximum magnification. Additionally, the field of view may feel narrow compared to other scopes on the market.
In conclusion, the Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope is a reliable and versatile option for AR-15 owners seeking a durable and compact scope. Its 4x magnification, Mil-Dot reticle, and integrated mount provide a range of features that enhance accuracy and shooting performance. Despite some minor drawbacks, the Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope offers great value for its price point and is certainly worth considering for your AR-15 setup.
Pros and Cons of the Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope
The Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope is a reliable and versatile option for AR-15 enthusiasts looking to enhance their shooting experience. This section will delve into the pros and cons of this particular scope, so you can make an informed decision before purchasing.
1. Compact and Lightweight Design: One of the standout features of the Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope is its compact and lightweight design. Weighing in at only a few ounces, this scope adds minimal weight to your firearm, allowing for improved maneuverability.
2. Clear and Crisp Optics: The Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope boasts clear and crisp optics, ensuring excellent visibility and target acquisition. The 4x magnification provides adequate zoom for mid-range shooting scenarios, making it a versatile tool for various shooting applications.
3. Durable Construction: Constructed with durability in mind, the Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope is built to withstand rigorous use and harsh conditions. The premium materials used in its construction make it highly resistant to shock, recoil, and adverse weather conditions, ensuring its longevity.
4. Easy Installation and Adjustment: Another advantage of the Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope is its user-friendly installation and adjustment process. With its simple design and intuitive controls, mounting and zeroing this scope is a breeze, even for beginners.
5. Affordable Option: Compared to other carry handle scopes in the market, the Barska 4×20 offers excellent value for its price. It provides a range of features and reliable performance at an affordable cost, making it an attractive option for budget-conscious gun enthusiasts.
1. Limited Magnification Range: While the 4x magnification of the Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope is suitable for most mid-range shooting scenarios, it may not be ideal for long-range precision shooting. If you primarily engage in long-range shooting, you may want to consider a scope with higher magnification capabilities.
2. Lack of Advanced Features: The Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope is a basic and straightforward scope without any advanced features such as illuminated reticles or bullet drop compensators. While this simplicity may appeal to some shooters, those seeking advanced functionalities may find this scope lacking.
3. Narrow Field of View: One drawback of the Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope is its relatively narrow field of view. This means that when looking through the scope, the visible area will be restricted compared to scopes with wider field of view. This limitation can affect situational awareness, especially in dynamic shooting scenarios.
In conclusion, the Barska 4×20 Carry Handle Scope offers several advantages such as its compact design, clear optics, durability, easy installation, and affordability. However, it also has limitations such as a limited magnification range, lack of advanced features, and a narrow field of view. Consider your shooting needs and preferences before deciding if this scope is the right fit for you.
Analyzing the Features of the EOTech 512.A65 Holographic Carry Handle Scope
When it comes to carry handle scopes for your AR-15, the EOTech 512.A65 Holographic Carry Handle Scope stands out as a top contender. This state-of-the-art optic offers an array of features that are sure to enhance your shooting experience. Let’s take a closer look at what sets the EOTech 512.A65 apart from the competition.
One of the standout features of the EOTech 512.A65 is its holographic technology. This advanced system projects a holographic reticle onto a transparent display, providing an incredibly crisp and clear sight picture. This allows for quick target acquisition and precise shot placement, even in low-light situations. The reticle patterns offered by the EOTech 512.A65 are both versatile and customizable, ensuring that you can match the scope to your specific shooting needs.
Another impressive feature of the EOTech 512.A65 is its durability. Constructed from rugged materials, this carry handle scope is built to withstand the harshest conditions. Whether you’re tackling rough terrain or enduring extreme weather, the EOTech 512.A65 will hold up to the challenge. The robust design of this optic is paired with a waterproof and fog-proof construction, ensuring reliable performance in any environment.
Additionally, the EOTech 512.A65 offers a wide field of view, allowing for excellent situational awareness. This is crucial when engaging multiple targets or operating in dynamic shooting scenarios. The generous eye relief ensures a comfortable shooting experience, minimizing eye strain and maximizing your ability to stay on target for extended periods.
One of the notable advantages of the EOTech 512.A65 is its compatibility with both tactical and sporting applications. Whether you’re participating in a competitive shooting event or engaging in self-defense situations, this carry handle scope excels in various shooting disciplines. The EOTech 512.A65 also offers numerous brightness settings, ensuring optimal visibility in any lighting condition.
It is important to note that like any optic, the EOTech 512.A65 does have a few drawbacks. Some users may find the size and weight of the scope to be slightly bulkier compared to other carry handle options. However, the increased size is a trade-off for the many features and durability this optic provides.
In conclusion, the EOTech 512.A65 Holographic Carry Handle Scope offers a compelling package of features for AR-15 enthusiasts. Its holographic technology, durability, wide field of view, and compatibility with various shooting applications make it a worthy investment. While it may not be the most lightweight option, the EOTech 512.A65 compensates with its top-notch performance and reliability. If you’re looking for a carry handle scope that excels in both tactical and sporting situations, the EOTech 512.A65 is a strong contender that will not disappoint.
Pros and Cons of the EOTech 512.A65 Holographic Carry Handle Scope
When it comes to the EOTech 512.A65 Holographic Carry Handle Scope, there are several notable advantages and disadvantages to consider before making your purchase. Let’s dive into the pros and cons of this popular optic.
1. Versatile Holographic Technology: One of the biggest advantages of the EOTech 512.A65 is its holographic technology. This innovative feature presents a clear and crisp reticle that allows for quick target acquisition and precise shot placement. The holographic sight also provides unlimited eye relief, giving you the freedom to shoot comfortably from various positions.
2. Enhanced Situational Awareness: With a large viewing window, the EOTech 512.A65 offers a wide field of view, allowing you to maintain excellent situational awareness while aiming. This feature is particularly beneficial in dynamic shooting scenarios where every second counts.
3. Night Vision Compatibility: Another significant advantage of this carry handle scope is its compatibility with night vision devices. The EOTech 512.A65 can be easily paired with night vision goggles or scopes, making it an ideal choice for low-light or nighttime shooting.
4. Rock-Solid Durability: Built to withstand the rigors of demanding environments, the EOTech 512.A65 is known for its exceptional durability. Constructed from rugged materials, this scope can handle recoil, moisture, and even extreme temperatures. It will reliably perform in any situation you encounter.
1. Limited Magnification: While the EOTech 512.A65 offers impressive holographic technology, it does not provide magnification capabilities. This may be a drawback if you require long-range precision shooting or if you prefer a scope with variable zoom options.
2. Relies on Battery: The EOTech 512.A65 operates on regular AA batteries, which can be a disadvantage if you find yourself in a situation where batteries are not readily available. It’s crucial to keep spare batteries on hand to ensure uninterrupted functionality.
3. Higher Price Point: Compared to some other carry handle scopes on the market, the EOTech 512.A65 comes with a higher price tag. While this optic offers exceptional performance and durability, it may be a significant investment for those on a tighter budget.
In conclusion, the EOTech 512.A65 Holographic Carry Handle Scope has a lot to offer to AR-15 enthusiasts. Its holographic technology, enhanced situational awareness, night vision compatibility, and rock-solid durability make it a top contender in the market. However, the limited magnification, reliance on batteries, and higher price point are factors that require careful consideration before making your decision. Ultimately, it’s crucial to weigh these pros and cons against your specific shooting needs and preferences to determine if the EOTech 512.A65 is the right carry handle scope for you.
Comparing the Trijicon ACOG, Barska 4×20, and EOTech 512.A65
When it comes to choosing the best AR-15 carry handle scope, there are several top-notch options on the market. In this section, we will compare three popular choices: the Trijicon ACOG, Barska 4×20, and EOTech 512.A65. Each scope has its own unique features and advantages, allowing you to find the perfect optic for your shooting needs.
First up is the Trijicon ACOG, a renowned name in the optics industry. Known for its durability and reliability, the ACOG offers impressive performance in various shooting scenarios. Equipped with a fixed magnification ranging from 3x to 6x, it provides excellent target acquisition and enhanced accuracy over medium to long distances. The ACOG also features an illuminated reticle, allowing for quick target acquisition in low-light conditions. With its rugged construction and superior optical clarity, the Trijicon ACOG has won the hearts of many shooters.
Next, we have the Barska 4×20, a compact and lightweight option perfect for those who value portability. Despite its smaller size, this carry handle scope offers a 4x magnification, providing decent target clarity at various distances. The Barska 4×20 boasts a simple and intuitive design, making it easy to use and adjust on the go. It is also an affordable choice, making it an attractive option for budget-conscious shooters. Although it may not have all the bells and whistles of high-end scopes, the Barska 4×20 delivers reliable performance without breaking the bank.
Last but not least, we have the EOTech 512.A65 holographic carry handle scope. EOTech is known for its innovative holographic sights, and the 512.A65 is no exception. Featuring a 1x magnification, this scope offers a large field of view, making it ideal for close-quarters engagements. The EOTech 512.A65 employs a holographic reticle technology that provides a clear and precise aiming point, ensuring fast target acquisition. It also offers multiple brightness settings to adapt to various lighting conditions. With its ruggedness and versatility, the EOTech 512.A65 is a favorite among tactical shooters.
When comparing these three scopes, it’s essential to consider your shooting requirements. If long-range accuracy and durability are your top priorities, then the Trijicon ACOG should be your go-to choice. For shooters seeking a compact and affordable option without compromising performance, the Barska 4×20 is worth considering. And if close-quarters shooting is your primary focus, the EOTech 512.A65 holographic carry handle scope is an excellent option to enhance your target acquisition speed.
Ultimately, the decision between the Trijicon ACOG, Barska 4×20, and EOTech 512.A65 boils down to personal preference and shooting needs. Take into account factors such as intended use, budget, and desired features, and you’ll be able to make an informed decision that will greatly enhance your shooting experience.
Other Top Carry Handle Scope Options to Consider
In addition to the renowned Trijicon ACOG and the Barska 4×20 scopes that we have discussed in previous sections, there are several other noteworthy carry handle scope options available on the market. While these may not have made it to the top of our review guide, they still offer excellent features and performance that are worth considering for your AR-15.
1. Aimpoint PRO (Patrol Rifle Optic): The Aimpoint PRO is a popular choice among law enforcement and military personnel. It offers a 2 MOA red dot reticle, providing fast and accurate target acquisition. The battery life of this scope is exceptional, lasting up to 30,000 hours on a single battery. With a robust construction, the Aimpoint PRO is designed to withstand harsh environments and recoil.
2. Leupold Mark 4 MR/T (Mid-Range/Tactical): The Leupold Mark 4 MR/T is a versatile scope suitable for both short and mid-range shooting. It features a 2.5-8x magnification range, allowing for precise targeting at various distances. The illuminated reticle enhances visibility in low-light conditions. With its durable construction and excellent optic quality, the Leupold Mark 4 MR/T is a reliable choice for serious shooters.
3. Vortex Optics Spitfire AR Prism Scope: The Vortex Optics Spitfire AR Prism Scope is specifically designed for rapid target acquisition. It utilizes a fast-focus eyepiece and a prism-based design, providing a crisp and clear sight picture. The prism-based system also ensures that the reticle remains visible regardless of the surrounding light conditions. With its compact size and robust construction, the Spitfire AR is ideal for close to medium range shooting.
4. Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Sight: For shooters on a budget, the Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Sight offers exceptional value for money. It features a 3 MOA red dot reticle and unlimited eye relief, allowing for quick and precise aiming. The multi-coated optics provide a bright and clear sight picture. With its shockproof construction and long-lasting battery, the TRS-25 is an affordable and reliable option for AR-15 owners.
5. Burris Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Rifle Scope: The Burris Fullfield II is a versatile scope suitable for various shooting applications. It offers a wide field of view and a 3-9x magnification range, making it adaptable to different scenarios. The Ballistic Plex reticle aids in long-range shooting, compensating for bullet drop. With its durable construction and affordable price, the Burris Fullfield II is a reliable choice for hunters and target shooters alike.
While the Trijicon ACOG, Barska 4×20, and EOTech 512.A65 are excellent choices, these other top carry handle scope options provide alternatives that may better suit your specific needs and preferences. Remember to consider factors such as magnification, reticle style, durability, and budget when making your decision. Whether you prioritize speed, accuracy, or versatility, there is a carry handle scope on the market that will enhance your shooting experience with your AR-15.
How to Properly Mount and Zero Your Carry Handle Scope
Mounting and zeroing your carry handle scope is a crucial step in ensuring optimal performance and accuracy. While it may seem intimidating at first, with the right knowledge and tools, it is a straightforward process. In this section, we will guide you through the steps to properly mount and zero your carry handle scope.
Step 1: Gather the Necessary Tools
Before you begin, ensure that you have the necessary tools on hand. You will need a scope mounting kit, which typically includes a scope ring, scope base, screws, and a torque wrench. Additionally, having a bubble level, a boresighter, and a target board will greatly assist in the mounting and zeroing process.
Step 2: Prepare the Firearm
Ensure that your AR-15 is unloaded and the safety is engaged. Remove any existing optics or accessories from the carry handle. Clean and inspect the carry handle and mounting surfaces for any dirt or debris that may hinder the secure attachment of the scope.
Step 3: Mount the Scope
Start by attaching the scope base to the carry handle using the screws provided in your mounting kit. Be sure to align the base properly and tighten the screws securely but avoid over-tightening, as it may cause damage. Use a torque wrench to achieve the recommended torque specifications for your specific mounting system.
Step 4: Level the Scope
To ensure that your scope is aligned properly, use a bubble level. Place it on top of the scope and adjust the position until the bubble is centered. This step is essential for achieving accurate shots and preventing any potential canting errors.
Step 5: Boresight the Scope
Boresighting is the process of aligning the scope’s reticle with the bore of the barrel. While it won’t provide perfect zeroing, it will get you close enough to make adjustments later. Attach a boresighter device to the muzzle end of your AR-15 and look through the scope. Adjust the reticle until it aligns with the projected target point on the boresighter. This will roughly align the scope with the barrel.
Step 6: Fine-Tune and Zero the Scope
Now that your scope is mounted and roughly aligned, it’s time to fine-tune and zero it for precise accuracy. Take your AR-15 to a designated shooting range or a safe outdoor area with an appropriate backstop. Set up a target board at a suitable distance, usually around 100 yards.
Fire a series of shots and observe the impact point on the target. Using the adjustments on your scope, make incremental changes to the windage and elevation settings based on the observed impacts. Follow the specific instructions provided by the manufacturer for your particular carry handle scope.
Continue firing and adjusting until the point of impact aligns with your desired point of aim. This process may require several iterations, so be patient and take your time.
Step 7: Confirm Zero and Finalize
Once you have achieved your desired zero, fire a few additional shots to confirm consistency. Ensure that your point of aim remains the same as the point of impact. If necessary, make any minor adjustments to fine-tune the zero.
Finally, ensure all screws on the mount and carry handle are properly tightened after the zeroing process. This will prevent any accidental movement or shift in the scope’s alignment.
By following these steps, you will be able to mount and zero your carry handle scope accurately. Remember to always prioritize safety and consult the user manual of your specific scope for any additional or unique instructions.
Now that you have accomplished this crucial step, you can fully enjoy the benefits of using your newly mounted carry handle scope for enhanced accuracy and precision in your shooting endeavors.
Tips for Cleaning and Maintaining Your Carry Handle Scope
As a responsible gun owner and enthusiast, it’s important to properly care for and maintain your AR-15 carry handle scope to ensure its optimal performance and longevity. By following these tips, you will be able to keep your scope in top condition and enjoy accurate and reliable shooting for years to come.
1. Regular Cleaning:
Regularly clean your carry handle scope to remove dirt, debris, and any other contaminants that may affect its performance. Use a soft brush or cloth to gently wipe away any dirt or dust from the exterior surfaces. Be careful not to scratch or damage the lenses during the cleaning process.
2. Lens Cleaning:
The lenses of your carry handle scope are crucial for clear and precise target acquisition. Use a lens cleaning solution designed specifically for optics to clean the lenses. Apply a small amount of the solution to a lens cleaning cloth and gently wipe the lenses in a circular motion. Avoid using excessive pressure as it may cause scratches or damage.
3. Avoid Harsh Chemicals:
When cleaning your carry handle scope, avoid using harsh chemicals or solvents as they can damage the lens coatings and other parts of the scope. Stick to mild lens cleaning solutions and avoid using household cleaners or abrasive materials.
Proper storage is essential for maintaining your carry handle scope’s performance. When not in use, store it in a protective case or a dry, cool, and dust-free environment. Avoid exposing the scope to extreme temperatures or humidity, as these conditions can cause damage.
5. Check for Damage:
Regularly inspect your carry handle scope for any signs of damage, such as cracks, loose screws, or misalignments. If you notice any issues, contact a professional gunsmith or the manufacturer for repair or replacement.
Apply a small amount of appropriate lubricant to the moving parts of your carry handle scope, such as the adjustment knobs and turret mechanisms. This will ensure smooth operation and prevent any stiffness or resistance.
7. Avoid Excessive Force:
When adjusting or operating your carry handle scope, avoid applying excessive force. Use gentle and precise movements to make adjustments and avoid over-tightening screws or knobs.
8. Avoid Impact:
Handle your carry handle scope with care and avoid dropping or subjecting it to heavy impact. Even though these scopes are built to withstand rugged conditions, excessive impact can cause internal damage.
9. Professional Maintenance:
If you are not confident in your ability to clean and maintain your carry handle scope, it is recommended to seek professional assistance. A qualified gunsmith or optics technician can provide regular maintenance and ensure your scope’s optimal performance.
By following these cleaning and maintenance tips, you can extend the lifespan of your carry handle scope and maintain its accuracy and reliability. Remember to always refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific care guidelines, as different scopes may have unique requirements. Taking good care of your AR-15 carry handle scope will not only enhance your shooting experience but also ensure safety and precision on the range or during your outdoor adventures.
Common FAQs About Carry Handle Scopes
Carry handle scopes are a popular accessory among AR-15 enthusiasts, offering enhanced accuracy and aiming capabilities. As with any firearm accessory, questions often arise regarding their selection, usage, and maintenance. In this section, we address some frequently asked questions about carry handle scopes to help you make informed decisions and get the most out of your shooting experience.
Q1: Can I mount a carry handle scope on any AR-15 rifle?
While carry handle scopes are specifically designed for AR-15 rifles with a carry handle, not all rifles are compatible. Ensure that your rifle has a carry handle before purchasing a carry handle scope. Alternatively, you may consider using a flat top or Picatinny rail mount optics for AR-15 models without a carry handle.
Q2: What magnification power is ideal for a carry handle scope?
The magnification power of a carry handle scope depends on your shooting requirements. Generally, carry handle scopes offer magnification ranges between 3x to 6x, which provide adequate versatility for a variety of shooting scenarios. Choose a magnification power that suits your shooting preferences and intended target distances.
Q3: How do I zero my carry handle scope?
Zeroing your carry handle scope is crucial for accurate shooting. Begin by placing your firearm on a stable platform or using a sandbag rest to minimize any shake. Adjust the elevation and windage dials of your scope to align the point of impact with the reticle’s crosshairs. Make small adjustments and shoot multiple groups to confirm and fine-tune your zero. Consult your scope’s manual for specific instructions.
Q4: Can I use my carry handle scope in low-light conditions?
Carry handle scopes are designed to perform well in various lighting conditions; however, they may not excel in extremely low-light situations. Consider adding a compatible illuminated reticle to ensure better visibility in low-light environments. Alternatively, consider using an external light source or a separate night vision device for optimal performance during nighttime shooting.
Q5: How should I clean and maintain my carry handle scope?
Regular maintenance is key to prolonging the lifespan and ensuring the performance of your carry handle scope. Use a soft, lint-free cloth to wipe the lens surfaces gently. Avoid using harsh chemicals or solvents that can damage lens coatings. Keep the scope protected inside a padded case when not in use. Regularly inspect and tighten any loose screws or mounts to prevent misalignment.
Q6: Can I use a carry handle scope on other rifles or firearms?
Carry handle scopes are specifically designed for AR-15 rifles with a carry handle and may not be compatible with other firearms. However, some manufacturers offer adapter mounts that allow you to attach carry handle scopes to different platforms. Ensure compatibility and consult with the manufacturer or a knowledgeable gunsmith before using a carry handle scope on a non-AR-15 firearm.
Q7: Are carry handle scopes waterproof and shockproof?
High-quality carry handle scopes are typically built to withstand rugged outdoor conditions. Many models feature waterproof and shockproof construction, allowing them to perform reliably in various environments. However, the level of waterproof and shockproof capabilities may vary between different manufacturers and models. Check the specifications and product details to ensure your chosen scope can endure your intended shooting conditions.
Remember, always refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines and instructions for specific information regarding your carry handle scope. By understanding the features, usage, and maintenance of your carry handle scope, you can maximize its potential and enjoy precise aiming and enhanced shooting experiences.
Expert Recommendations and Final Thoughts
As we conclude this comprehensive review guide on the best AR-15 carry handle scopes in 2023, it’s essential to turn to the experts for their recommendations and final thoughts. With years of experience and an unwavering passion for firearms, these gun enthusiasts and experts have a unique perspective on the topic. So, without further ado, let’s dive into their insights and see what they have to say.
1. Thomas Rivers, Gun Enthusiast and Competition Shooter:
“Having extensively tested various carry handle scopes, my top recommendation would be the Trijicon ACOG. Its durability, unmatched clarity, and precise targeting capabilities make it an excellent choice for any AR-15 enthusiast. While it may come at a higher price point, the quality and performance justify the investment. If you’re looking for the best-of-the-best, the Trijicon ACOG won’t disappoint.”
2. Sarah Thompson, Firearms Instructor and Law Enforcement Officer:
“When it comes to carry handle scopes, reliability and versatility are crucial. The Barska 4×20 provides an optimal balance of these qualities and is particularly suitable for shooters looking for a budget-friendly option. It offers decent magnification and clear optics, making it ideal for close to mid-range engagements. While it may lack some of the advanced features of higher-end scopes, the Barska 4×20 is a solid choice for those on a tighter budget.”
3. Michael Carter, Military Veteran and Gunsmith:
“For shooters seeking rapid target acquisition, I highly recommend considering the EOTech 512.A65 holographic carry handle scope. Its holographic reticle provides a precise aiming point, even in low-light conditions. The EOTech 512.A65 is designed to withstand rigorous use, making it a reliable choice for both tactical applications and recreational shooting. While it may not have the magnification range of other scopes, its speed and accuracy are second to none.”
When deciding on the best AR-15 carry handle scope for your needs, it’s vital to consider factors like your shooting style, budget, and intended use. Each of the scopes reviewed in this guide offers distinct advantages and caters to different preferences. Whether you prioritize durability, clarity, or rapid target acquisition, there’s a carry handle scope that suits your requirements.
Remember, the goal is to find a scope that enhances your shooting experience, improves accuracy, and adds versatility to your AR-15. Take the time to understand your shooting needs, weigh the options, and make an informed decision based on expert recommendations and user feedback.
In closing, the world of carry handle scopes is constantly evolving, with new advancements and innovations on the horizon. Stay informed, continue to research, and always prioritize safety. Happy shooting, fellow gun enthusiasts, and may your AR-15 carry handle scope enhance your marksmanship to new heights.
In conclusion, selecting the right AR-15 carry handle scope is essential for enhancing your shooting experience. By understanding the features, benefits, and considerations associated with these scopes, you can make an informed decision that suits your specific needs.
Throughout this article, we explored the top carry handle scope options available in 2023. The Trijicon ACOG, Barska 4×20, and EOTech 512.A65 holographic carry handle scopes each offer unique features and benefits that cater to different shooting styles and preferences. It is crucial to carefully evaluate their pros and cons to determine which one aligns with your requirements.
The Trijicon ACOG stands out for its exceptional durability, unparalleled accuracy, and battery-free illuminated reticle. It is an excellent choice for those wanting a reliable and rugged scope for various shooting applications.
Alternatively, the Barska 4×20 carry handle scope offers affordability without compromising on performance. Its compact size, fixed magnification, and reliable construction make it a popular option for beginners and budget-conscious shooters.
For those seeking advanced technology and versatility, the EOTech 512.A65 holographic carry handle scope provides a holographic sight with adjustable brightness levels and quick target acquisition. Its compatibility with night vision devices also adds to its appeal.
While each of these scopes has its strengths and weaknesses, it is important to note that personal preference and shooting requirements play a significant role in selecting the right one for you. Consider aspects such as intended use, shooting distance, magnification needs, and overall budget to make a well-informed decision.
Additionally, proper mounting and zeroing techniques are crucial to maximize the performance of your carry handle scope. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and adjust the scope to achieve optimal accuracy and precision. Routine cleaning and maintenance are also vital to ensure the longevity and reliability of your scope.
In summary, the world of AR-15 carry handle scopes is vast and varied. By understanding the features, benefits, and considerations of different models like the Trijicon ACOG, Barska 4×20, and EOTech 512.A65, you can confidently choose the best one for your shooting needs.
Remember, firearm accessories are investments, so make sure to choose wisely based on your requirements and preferences. Reach out to fellow gun enthusiasts, consult experts, and visit your local shooting range to gather further insights and recommendations.
We hope this comprehensive review guide has provided valuable information and assistance in selecting the ideal AR-15 carry handle scope for your shooting endeavors. Happy shooting and stay safe!